Thank you for your interest in an internship placement with MNCASA! We accept interns on a case-by-case basis, depending on availability and fit. Currently, any placement we have would be unpaid. We try to find a match between our programming, and your personal skills and areas of interest.
- Membership and Advocacy (supporting and shaping the practice of sexual violence advocacy, etc.)
- Prevention (building prevention capacity in programs and communities, and informing social policy for primary prevention)
- Policy (developing and helping to shape social policy around sexual violence)
- Sexual Violence Justice Institute (focused on the criminal justice response to sexual violence through a multidisciplinary lens)
Please note that we do not provide direct services to victims/survivors of sexual violence. This is often an area of confusion. Rather, we work with direct service programs, communities, and systems partners to inform and shape practice, creating improvement and change on a social/macro level. If you are interested in a direct service placement, you can find your local advocacy program at rapehelpmn.org/find-help.
In order to find a good fit for your skills and interests, as well as any requirements you need to fulfill, we’d like to learn a little more about you! Please send the following information to us at email@example.com:
- Your resume
- Cover letter describing your interest in a placement with MNCASA, including your preferred program area placement
- Timeframe for your internship (e.g. summer internship, certain number of hours to complete for degree, etc.)
- Supervision needs, if any (e.g. check-in with academic supervisor, evaluations to complete, etc.)
- Any other information that you feel is important for us to know
Please feel free to contact us with questions you have related to an internship placement. Thank you again for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!